MOP is a software tool designed for optimization of the existing - and for designing new heat networks, based on complex thermo-hydraulic calculations.
It serves for solving various engineering, designing and optimization tasks, including dimensioning of pipes, pumps, valves, mixing and shunts, and for flow analysis or hydraulic operational state analysis.
Features of the product includes modelling of:
- water and steam heat networks,
- complex topological structures containing many loops and many heat sources,
- large networks with volume loss calculations,
- pumping, regulated valves, mixing, shunts and closing valves,
- overall energy balance including heat losses,
- superheated and wet steam flow and steam pipes with steam traps,
- network dynamics including heat accumulation in pipings,
- dynamic consumption model (power, return temperature) using artificial neural networks.
MOP can be used in graphical mode for editing and viewing heat networks, or in a spreadsheet application for customized data preparation and processing. Data import is possible from various GIS systems. Export can be done for wide range of SQL database systems. The tool can also significantly help with rapid generation of rectangular calculation schemes.
Customer can ask for specific retail configurations from individual MOP modules. Each MOP license comes with a standard technical support including hot-line, consulting and free update to new versions when they are available.
MOP is fully localized in english and czech language and it is ready for customizing into other languages and cultures.
ORTEP, s.r.o. also offers own creation and maitenance of heat networks calculation models using MOP software.
Significant changes in particular release can be found in our MOP news list.
Graphical user interface – a spatial editor and result viewer
With MOP user interface, the user can:
- edit any part of input model data,
- create new pipes, nodes, pumps, sources, etc.,
- display and print pressure diagram and pump operation diagrams,
- display MOP result data in a spatial view – e.g. color scales of velocity, temperatures, pressures or any other result quantity can be presented,
- create and use own new input and output parameters and connecting them with other parameters by custom formulas.
The graphical interface allows the user to visually compare data between several models and also share the application desktop amongst several models.
The spreadsheet front-end allows user to save, edit and view the model as a MS Excel file and control other MOP modules from the spreadsheet, such as running calculations, loading results or running the graphical interface and other functions.
Every model can be extended with custom cascading calculations, dependent tables, charts and reports according to customer needs, e.g. displaying of pump operation inside a pressure diagram. Also, the model inputs can be connected to custom calculations, so a model can be extended e.g. by master formulas of pressure control etc.
GISimport – an import module
GISimport is a widely configurable module for importing input data into MOP system. Data can be taken from GIS or any SQL database supported by ADO.NET (including Odbc and OleDb). Spatial information can be loaded from OpenGIS WKT, ESRI Shapefile, DXF, or from vertex coordinates table. This module is useful in all cases where spatial information and other pipe parameters are managed centrally.
SQLexport – an export module
SQLexport is a configurable module for exporting both input and output data to any SQL database supported by ADO.NET (including Odbc and OleDb). This module can be used to reverse transfer pipe parameters back to GIS or generally to any database store for further processing.
Scalagen – creating a rectangular schema
With Scalagen module, the user can create standard rectangular schema of modelled network. Schema can be extended by any information available from input and output MOP data, e.g. velocity or flow in pipes or pressure in nodes etc. When a schema in Scalagen is already designed and these values changed, the updated schema is a matter of no more than two clicks.
phone: 283 840 357, 283 840 355; web: www.ortep.cz; e-mail: email@example.com